THE MOST IMPORTANT THING
The most important thing we teach at Grace Bible Church is how to have a personal relationship with God and know that we are going to Heaven someday. This involves a few simple things.
- We know that God loves us. John 3.16 says, “God so loved the world that He gave His one and only Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.” In John 10.10b Jesus said, “I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full.”
- Unfortunately, we have all disobeyed God’s laws and fallen short of His glory. Everyone sins except Jesus. He was tempted in all ways like us but never sinned, Hebrews 4.15. Because God is perfect, Jesus is perfect and Heaven is perfect. God cannot allow us into Heaven with even 1 sin. Galatians 3.10: “The payment for sin is death but the gift of God is eternal life thru Jesus Christ our Lord.” See Romans 6.23.
- Jesus Christ, God’s Son and co-creator of the universe left Heaven to become a man. He grew up, did many miracles, helped people and proved that He was God in the flesh. See John 1.14. His death on the cross was to pay for our sins with His blood. Hebrews 9.22: “God showed His great love for us in that while we were yet sinners Christ died for us.” See Romans 5.8.
- Christ was raised from the dead, seen of over 500 eyewitnesses, according to I Corinthians 15.3-6 and stayed around for 40 days giving “many convincing proofs”, then ascended up to Heaven while his friends watched. See Acts 1.
- We have forgiveness and a place reserved for us in Heaven when we by faith ask Christ to save us. Rom 10.9,13,” …that if you declare with your mouth, ‘Jesus is Lord’ and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved…Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved.” Eternal life is a free gift. It isn’t a result of our good works. Ephesians 2.8-9. “By grace you have been saved through faith, and this is not of yourselves it is the gift of God, not by works so that no one can boast.” Receive Him today! We are happy to have you call and talk to us about this decision. We would love to pray with you to help you receive Christ, whether or not you come to our church.